Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gingerbread House Album Blog Hop

Welcome to the Gingerbread House Album blog hop! If you have come here from the Die Cut Diva blog, you're on the right track. If not, please start at the beginning - http://die-cut-diva.blogspot.com/ - so you don't miss out on any of the wonderful albums today!

We are showcasing this exclusive Gingerbread House Album that can only be found at Creative Cuts and More. The basic chipboard kit comes with three sizes of gingerbread men, candy canes, icicles, and doors, along with the gingerbread houses and album pages. All the pieces are cut from chipboard, which is perfect for any style of decorating.

There are actually three Gingerbread House kits to choose from:

Gingerbread House Album Chipboard Kit - this is the one I worked with today

Gingerbread House Album Deluxe Kit

Gingerbread House Album Ultimate Deluxe Kit

When I started thinking about what I wanted to do with this album, I knew exactly what it was going to be - a recipe book. More specifically, this is a Christmas recipe album, full of those special foods and drinks that I usually make for the holidays. I originally thought I would paint all the chipboard pages with acrylic paint, but I ran across this incredibly cute package of holiday paper and I just had to use it. So I covered all the pages and one of the gingerbread houses with various sheets of these papers.

I used some shimmery Creative Inspirations Paints to color the chipboard gingerbread men, and I used some liquid snow for the "frosting" on the men. I found some really cute stickers at various craft stores and it was fun to mix and match these on all the pages. The icicles that you see on this front cover were painted with white gesso, and then I spread Star Dust Stickles all over them and set them aside to dry.











I loved putting this album together. Now I have all my favorite holiday recipes right where I can get my hands on them. It will be easy to find my Bohemian Tea recipe in here versus looking through 20 cookbooks. If you are having trouble reading the recipes, send me an email and I'd be happy to share my recipes with you. :-)

There will be a prize! CC&M will be giving away a Gingerbread House Album Chipboard Kit worth $12.99. The deadline for entry will be Sunday, November 13. We will announce the winner on Monday, November 14th on the Die Cut Diva blog. In order to win, you must:

1. HOP through AND comment on each blog, then go back to the Die Cut Diva blog and let us know you did so.
2. For another chance, follow the Die Cut Diva blog.
3. For another chance, become a Fan on Facebook by clicking HERE.
4. For another chance, spread the word about our Blog Hop on your blog!

Ready for more inspiration? Continue along the hop by going to Noelle's blog to see what she has to share with you today. Remember to comment on each blog to have a chance at winning a Gingerbread House Chipboard kit. Enjoy the hop!

21 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Holly!!!!! I LOOOOVE your fabulous gingerbread album...WOW!!!!! Every page is sooo pretty and I'm lovin all the yummy recipes!!!

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous album! Love that you put all those recipes in it! What a family treasure!

Dawn said...

What a cute idea Hollybear! It turned out great and so handy too! I hear ya on searching for those favorites!!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute album Holly and a wonderful idea to have all your fav christmas recipes in one place

Taylor said...

Totally adorable, Holly! Love how this turned out!

Chrissy D said...

This is such a great album Holly - Love the papers you chose!!! WOW!!! Great work - what a TREMENDOUS gift this would make!!!

Korin said...

Wow, Holly!! You even added the recipes already!!! What an awesome album. I would love to see it in real life :). Fabulous!!

Designing with Debbie said...

WOW this is a great idea. I love your holiday recipe book. Very inventive.

Trisha said...

Great recipe book. I think we could all use one of these. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

FerrellGraph-x said...

I love your album!!! It is so fantastic! Aren't those lil' gingerbreadmen the cutest!!!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

connie said...

love the recipe album! thanks for sharing.

NoraAnne said...

I love your album, what a great idea to use it as a Holiday Recipe album!!! :)

Fern said...

Holly, I love the way you decorated your album!!! And the paper is perfect!!! Hugs!!

Sue D said...

Wonderful idea to make a recipe album!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun fun project! The DSP you used is great- love everything about it!

Noelle Reese said...

Holly this is adorable! I love it!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I love that you made this a holiday recipe album. What a great idea! :)

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Holly, this is really fantastic!! you did a beautiful job!!
hugs

lisa808 said...

'Sweet' album!

Patti J said...

What an amazing gift this would be for someone special! Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Great job!
Sarah
sarahsassy468.blogspot.com