Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Musical Friend



I've got a romantic and musical card to share with you today. First, the products that I've used from Classy Cards 'n Such are:

Shabby Chic Labels Four set (JustRite)
Pretty in Pink 6x6 paper pad (Glitz)
Stardream Fuse Azalea cardstock
French Pastry Doily Die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Exotic Butterfly Mini (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Textured Two-Tone ribbon - Light Blue/White (May Arts)

I cut some dark brown cardstock to 4.25" x 11" and folded it in half to make a card that is 4.25" x 5.5".  Some musical paper from the Pretty in Pink paper pad was cut to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and adhered to the brown card base.  The doily is cut from the Stardream Fuse Azalea cardstock - a gorgeous shimmery mauve-y color.  I had already used the top third of this doily on another card, and this is what was left.  I cut a circle from vanilla cardstock and another, smaller, circle from the rose paper (also from the Pretty in Pink paper pad), then adhered these to the center of the doily.  I cut off what was sticking out from the edge and adhered the doily to the musical paper.

I tied the gorgeous ribbon around the card, moving the knotted end to the left side.  I stamped the "Friend" sentiment with brown ink onto vanilla cardstock and used scissors to trim it into a tag shape.  I punched a tiny hole at the top and threaded some linen thread through the hole and tied it around the knot of the blue ribbon.

I used the Dabbed Shimmers technique from Technique Junkies to cover some cardstock with some yummy, shimmery Chocolate paint (from Creative Inspirations Paint).   After it was dry (only a couple minutes, honestly!), I used one of the dies from the Exotic Butterfly Mini set to cut out a beautifully shimmery butterfly. Lastly, I adhered the butterfly to the top of the knot on the ribbon.

This was a fun card for me to make, because I was able to use up the leftover doily piece and because I stepped outside of my normal creation process.  You don't have to use the entire shape to make a beautiful project.  Sometimes it's good to try something new and just use a part of a die-cut shape.  :-)

No comments: