Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Rogue Redhead Bookmark


Hi folks!  I thought I'd share this sweet bookmark with you today.  It's too hot to do anything outside, so reading a nice book in an air conditioned house is calling my name.  :-)

I started out by using Tim Holtz's Sizzix Tag die to cut the chocolate bookmark base.  I added some designer paper to the base, and then I re-punched the hole and used the Frayed Ribbon Technique from Technique Junkies for a great distressed look.  If you are a Junkie, this technique is in the newest issue that just arrived in your mailbox (August/Sept 2012).

The stamps that I used are from the Relish Reading set made by Rogue Redhead Designs.  I love this set - so vintage, so sweet, and so perfect for book lovers like me.  I just checked out their newest releases yesterday, and they have a great sale going on.  Head on over there and check 'em out!  

I stamped the sentiment and added a scalloped border beneath that, and then adhered it to the lower part of the bookmark.  I stamped the little girl and colored her with Copic markers and then cut her out.  I popped her up on an oval that has the Cuttlebug Highlights technique (also from Technique Junkies).  

There is a challenge on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog - Distressed Greens.  It ends tonight, so I'm getting this post in just under the wire!  Yikes!  My bookmark has lots of greens in it, and the ribbon is distressed, so it rather loosely fits the challenge parameters.  :-)    

This bookmark is nice and flat so it won't damage any book pages.  I have a pile of books waiting for me and it will be fun to put this handmade bookmark to good use.  Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today!  Enjoy your weekend!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done! I love the distressed ribbon. It looks like I feel most of the time - frayed at the ends!

Thanks for playing the RRD Distressed Greens Challenge.