Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Poinsettias



How about another Christmas card to share with you? I love making Christmas cards. The two types of cards I make the most are Christmas cards and birthday cards.

This time I've used the gorgeous Poinsettias stamp (Stampavie) and I colored it with Copic markers. I went back over the centers of the flowers with a glittery Stardust Pen to give them a glittery gold color. You can see the wonderful gold shimmer in the close up picture below. The sentiment, from the Christmas Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession), was stamped directly below the poinsettias.



I really wanted the wonderful poinsettias to be the focus of my card, so I kept my card base and background very simple. I covered my black card base (A2 size) with a sheet of paper from the Handmade Holiday 6x6 paper pad. I cut out a border from the Anastasia border die (Cheery Lynn Designs) from black cardstock and added that to the right side of my card. A strip of red plaid paper from the same Handmade Holiday papers was added next to the border die cut, and then I adhered my poinsettia image.

I hope you have a wonderful and happy day celebrating Christmas with your families.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Christmas at Sweet Stamping - Anything Goes
Crafting for All Seasons #42 - Red, Green, and Glitter/Sparkle
Copic Marker Europe - A Christmas Card
Stampavie and More #183 - Christmas
Divas by Design #66 - Anything Goes





4 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'

Pam x

Jani said...

Beautiful christmascard
Thanks for joining ua at CFAS!
Jani x

Leslie Miller said...

Your Christmas cards are all fabulous! I love the beautiful Stampavie illustrations. They sell them at my local scrapbook store and I've picked up several. So cute! Haven't seen this one, though. Really a beautiful poinsettia.

Gail said...

Very pretty card! I like this one so much since it's definitely a card that could be used and isn't just "cute". I look forward to seeing more of your art. Thanks for participating in the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge! --Gail