Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Thoughts of You



Howdy! Are you ready for a pop of color?? I've created a fun "just because" card with touches of bright red to bring a smile to someone's face. These bright colors just scream "summer" to me. And it's most definitely summer here now with our daily temperatures in the high 90's already. It won't be long before we're seeing the usual 100+ degrees that we always get, so I better enjoy this while I can, huh? LOL!

I pulled out the Summer Fresh 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories) and cut two of the papers down to fit on a blue card base. I die cut some red cardstock with the gorgeous new Lady Kate Edger die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and adhered it between the two patterned papers. Next, I wrapped some red twill ribbon around the card and tied it in a knot.

At the bottom of the Summer Fresh paper pad are some fun frames and journaling blocks, so I cut one of them out and stamped this happy sentiment from the Anytime Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession) with red ink. I used some Joy Foam Pads (small) to adhere this sentiment over the ribbon.

Lastly, I pulled out the new Daisy Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and cut some yellow cardstock. I layered three of the daisy flowers together and added a red button to the center. I glued this down to the lower left corner of my sentiment.

You can always use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your orders at Classy Cards 'n Such. So go ahead and stock up on dies, paper, stamps, and more! :-) I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Craft-Room Challenge - Here Comes the Summer
Alota Rubber Stamps #108 - Summer Feeling
Card and Scrap #56 - Use Flowers
Scrap-It Girl - Dies

8 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Lovely summery colours used. The sentiment and flower work great together. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne x

Maria said...

What a gorgeous, bright sunshine card, and perfect for our summer challenge. The flower is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Eva Gro said...

What a lovely summer card! Love those bright colors!

Thanx for joining us at Card and Scrap Good luck in the draw, and hope to see you back next time!
Hugs
Eva Gro
DT member Card and Scrap

craft-roomjulia said...

I love your beautiful sunshine card, your colour choice is just perfect for our summer challenge theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck with the draw. Julia xxxx

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful card. So awesome. Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girls June Challenge.
Huggies
Rachelle-DT
xxx

Esther said...

A gorgeous summery card - thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

Dawn said...

Thank you for entering at Scrap It Girl this month for the die challenge, love the pop of red.

Rebecca said...

Love this card! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!