Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pink Ombre Scallops


Hi stampy friends!  Have you been playing in the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over at Splitcoaststampers?  There is a new challenge every day for the month of October, and this is the card I created for Bridget's "PINKterest" challenge that was posted on October 3.  She had several gorgeous Pinterest pictures to inspire us, and this is what I came up with.



Isn't that pink??? LOL I created this card using dies from the new Blueprints #3 and #4 die sets and various shades of pink cardstock. I started by stamping the sentiment from You Are Beautiful (Impression Obsession) with black ink at the top of the white layer. Then I cut eight layers of the scallop border from the Blueprints #4 die set - two each of four different colors.

I started by layering the darkest pink scallop borders at the bottom, then the next shade of pink, then the lightest shade of pink and I ended with two layers of white scallops. I then cut the darkest shade of pink cardstock with the pierced straight border die from Blueprints #3 and adhered that above the white scallops. I trimmed the excess borders from the sides of the white layer and then adhered this layer to a dark pink card base (A2 size).

Next, I cut the three shades of pink cardstock with the small flower die from the Blueprints #3 die set. I pinched the petals with my fingers to give them a little dimension before adhering some white buttons to the centers and then I affixed the flowers to the card.

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought the pink colors and that wonderful sentiment would be perfect for someone who might be going through chemotherapy or radiation. Hopefully this card will put a smile on her face and brighten her day.  All the cards I create for the Hope challenges will be mailed to the Anderson Medical Center for the patients to use.

The products that I've provided links for were purchased at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Feel free to use this code, Holly-10, when you place an order at Classy Cards 'n Such.  There's tons of dies, stamps, papers, and accessories to fill up your shopping cart, so have fun!

This card also fits a few other challenges, so I'm entering this into the following:

Wags 'n Whiskers #114 - Pink/Breast Cancer Awareness
Cut It Up #29 - Think Pink
Crafty Catz #201 - Anything Goes
Craftitude #50 - Anything Goes/Things Beginning with "S" (stamp, scallops)
Word Art Wednesday #100 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!! Love the pretty buttons!!
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Love it! Love the buttons and the sentiment! You will surely brighten someone's day.

Thanks for linking to Cut it Up Challenges Going in Circles Challenge! Don't forget your monthly breast self-exams and yearly mammo!!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

So beautiful, all those scallops and buttons in the flowers. Thank you for taking time to post this beautiful artwork with us this week at WAW. Please like us on Facebook for lots of fun, prizes and inspiration.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card! I really like all the scallops. It is sure to be an encouragement to the recipient. My niece received care at MD Anderson for her breast cancer - in her behalf, thank you. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

Shazza said...

great card, love all the shades of pink and that sentiment is fab. Thanks for joining us over at Wags n Whiskers x

NormaJean said...

I love your Card its so pretty!!
Thank you for joining us at Craftitude

Hugs Norma Jean