Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

CAS Christmas Poinsettia



Hello, friends!  I have a CAS (clean and simple) Christmas card to share with you. I loved creating this card - it is so fun and easy to make!

I started by cutting out the poinsettia with the Small Blooming Poinsettia die from PoppyStamps using white cardstock. I actually cut the whole thing twice, and then I cut out three more leaves from the little bits and pieces of leftover white cardstock.

With my white pieces sorted out, I sponged the poinsettias with Festive Berries distress ink (from the Winter 2011 ink collection). The leaves were sponged with the Evergreen Bough distress ink (also from the Winter 2011 ink collection) and then the little stamen pieces were sponged with Squeezed Lemonade distress ink (from the Spring 2012 ink collection). I wanted some glitter on the tiny little yellow stamen pieces, so I pulled out my Champagne Stickles and dabbed it all over the two pieces and let it dry completely.

While the Stickles was drying, I cut my white cardstock to 5.5" x 8.5" and then folded it in half. I inked up the A Merry Little Christmas stamp with black ink and stamped it onto my white card. This stamp actually has a tiny little tree on the right side of the sentiment. When I was inking up this stamp, I used a piece of paper to cover the tree so it wouldn't get any ink on it. That way ONLY the sentiment was stamped on my card.

After making sure the Stickles were dry, I glued all the poinsettias together, glued the leaves to the back of the flower, and then glued the glittery stamens in the center of my poinsettia. I then adhered the festive poinsettia to the right of my sentiment.

I love how this simple white card really enhances the colorful poinsettia. Sometimes all you need is a gorgeous accent piece to make a card come alive. :-)  Remember, you can always use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your orders at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Happy shopping!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Get Inky #19 - Christmas
Love to Create #96 - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps #70 - Anything Christmas
Make My Monday - CAS Christmas
CAS on Sunday #23 - Christmas

7 comments:

Mian said...

This is such a gorgeous CAS card! Love the simplicity and the poinsettia is really eye catching.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Hugs Mian
Love to Create Design Team Member
Mian's Crafty Corner

Zw@@n said...

So, so pretty and perfect cas! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

maureenjscott said...

What a beautiful creation! thank you for joining us for Anything Goes at Love to Create this fortnight. Mo dt X

Rossella said...

Wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Absolutely love your holiday card!
Thank you for sharing your project with us at Love to Create Challenges this week.
Wishing you a blessed Holiday Season!
Ruza, LTC Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Kristie Maynard said...

Very elegant! Thanks for entering it into the Eureka! Stamps Challenge.

Unknown said...

Such an elegant and beautiful CAS!!Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
DT member Love to Create Challenge
http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com