Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Banner Card with Border Dies


Hi folks, it's Holly posting today. Did you see that Classy Cards 'n Such has a new challenge this week? Yup, we'll have a new challenge every week and I hope you'll play along with us. This week, pull out your border dies to create something and share it with us. We'd love to see what you've been doing with your border dies.

I used two border dies on my card. Look just below the ribbon - see the green border die and the pink border die? I used those to mark a separation between the banners and the patterned paper at the top. The following products were used on this card:

Anastasia Border die (Cheery Lynn Designs) - the pink border on my card
Ankara Lace Border die (Cheery Lynn Designs) - the green border on my card
Love Letters 6x6 paper pad
Picking Wildflowers stamp set (Flourishes)
Chalk White Seam Binding
Joy Foam Pads (behind the sentiment)

I used the Banner Technique from Technique Junkies (2/13 issue) to create this card.  It's a fun way to use a bunch of different patterned papers.  Check out the inspiration from my fellow Design Team members by clicking here. Play along with us and enter in the challenge - you could win a prize! :-)


3 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So beautiful. It seems hard to believe the technique is a year old already. Where does the time go? You did a beautiful job with this technique.

Robin said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the composition and the color choices. Lovely, just lovely.

Robin said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the composition and the color choices. Lovely, just lovely.