Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Velvet Glitter Valentine Card



Hi friends!  Have you seen the new Velvet glitters in the Classy Cards 'n Such store? Oh my goodness, they are GORGEOUS! I've used the Orchid Rose velvet glitter on this card here.

I started by pulling some papers out of the Love Letters 6x6 paper pad, just mixing and matching until they were just right. I cut the papers and adhered them to a black cardstock layer. For the bottom, I die cut one of the solid beige papers (from the same Love Letters pad) with the Lady Kate Edger (Cheery Lynn Designs) and adhered it below the pink paper. I then stamped the sentiment from Hugs and Kisses Sentiments (JustRite) with black ink directly onto the pink paper.

Now the fun started! I adhered two strips of 1/4" wide Scor Tape above and below the sentiment. After I removed the liner, I covered both strips of tape with the Orchid Rose velvet glitter. I used the Glitter Roll technique from Technique Junkies (6/11 issue) to make sure the glitter was well adhered and then I brushed off the excess. This Orchid Rose glitter is a perfect match with the colors in this Love Letters paper pad.

Next, I cut the Vintage Apothecary Jar from vanilla cardstock and set it down. I then used a small heart punch from my stash and punched out several hearts from the Love Letters papers. I then adhered the hearts to the "inside" of the jar and then affixed the jar to the card with some Joy Foam Pads. Then I glued this entire card front down onto a vanilla card base.

This glitter is just awesome. It's so fine and so soft, it really does feel like velvet! I can't wait to try out the other colors!!! You can save 10% off your order at Classy Cards 'n Such by entering this code, Holly-10, when you check out. Go get yourself some of this fabulous velvet glitter and some dies, some stamps, some papers, and some adhesive to make your own Valentine's cards. :-)

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Sparkle 'n Sprinkle - Anything Goes with Glitter, Embossing Powder, and/or Flocking
Word Art Wednesday #115 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls #9 - Anything Goes
Die Cut Divas - Make it Glitter
A Creative Need #15 - Die Cuts/Punches











7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely, Holly. I'm not much of a "drinker", but I do love the idea of filling up the goblet with LOVE! How sweet, and thanks so much for sharing your art in our challenge. Please stop by to join us again real soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Deena Perreault said...

Holly this is so pretty! I love the heart filled goblet and lovely glittered strips! Thanks for sharing with us at A Creative Need!
smiles,Deena

Arlene said...

Love the rich colors. Lovely card.

So glad to see you enter the Die Cut Divas' challenge at http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2014/01/make-it-glitter.html

Dawn T said...

delightful card Holly. thanks for playing with us at Die Cut Divas.

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Holly! I especially like your goblet of hearts! so sweet. Now to put on my other hat. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

Belinda said...

Holly, what a stunning card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge, hope you will join us again.

Hugs,
Belinda

Unknown said...

Lovely card, did you know you won the Die Cut Diva's Challenge, Congratulations!!!
Please email us with your address so you can claim your prize
At thedcdivas@gmail.com