Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Herringbone Bunnies



Hi friends!  I am the guest hostess over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog for the March challenge for the Holiday Inspiration Club.  This month I'm asking you to make your own backgrounds for your holiday cards.


You can make any kind of background.  Try a new technique, stamp with a background stamp, arrange designer papers into a pattern, whatever you come up with!  I've got four cards over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog, each with a different background, so check them out and let them inspire you.  I'll share all of those cards here on my blog throughout the month.

For my card today, I used the Herringbone technique from Technique Junkies.  This is a great way to use up small strips of patterned papers.  The adorable bunnies and the sentiment are from A Winter's Tale, available from Rogue Redhead Designs.  The bunnies were colored with Copic markers.  I kept the card clean and simple so the background would shine through and so this would be a flat and mail-able card.

Come and play along in this challenge!  You can make any kind of holiday card - Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, whatever you want.  If you have any Rogue Redhead Designs stamps, we'd love to see what you create with them, but you are not required to use them for this challenge.  :-)  

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the herringbone technique always looks effective! Great card!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I am absolutely in love with this card. Awesome job with the herringbone, one of my favs. Your image colours match up so well with your herringbone. Very professional looking.