Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Denim Glitter Thoughts



I was in a red, white, and blue mood when I created this card, and I like how it turned out. It's not a "patriotic" card even though I used red, white, and blue. It's more of a "what a great day" kind of card. :-)

I used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such on this card:

Anytime Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession)
Prairie Chic 6x6 paper pad (Bo Bunny)
Gypsy Red velvet glitter
Scor Tape 1/4"
Mini Dimensional Butterflies with Angel Wings (Cheery Lynn Designs)
small butterfly die from Cheery Lynn Designs - SOLD OUT
Kraft cardstock
Joy Foam Pads

I started by adhering some strips of the Scor Tape across the lower right corner of the denim paper, and then I covered the tape with the Gypsy Red glitter. The sentiment was stamped and layered with red cardstock, and I added a braided twine frame (a fun technique from Technique Junkies) around it. The butterflies were cut from Kraft cardstock and placed randomly around the card. I used the Joy Foam pad to adhere the largest butterfly.

I hope you've been inspired to create a fun card using red, white, and blue!  If you'd like to purchase any of these supplies from Classy Cards 'n Such, feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your entire order.  Just think of all the different colors of glitter you can stock up on, or all the dies you can play with!  :-)  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Girls #19 - Anything Goes
DL.ART #133 - Red, White, and Blue
Mod Squad - Red, White, and Blue





5 comments:

Lee said...

Oooo so pretty!! I LOVE the red glitter stripes!! Thanks for playing with our patriotic challenge at Mod Squad!

Michele said...

this is great, i love the denim look! xo

Sharon Underwood said...

Love that denim, and I like how you added the stripes. Nice card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card. And, the pretty ribbon on the corner is fantastic!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card I love all your butterflies
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #133 “Red, white and Blue” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com