Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

When You Dream


Howdy!  I'm back with another card, and I have to confess, I am in love with this one.  Like yesterday's card, this one started out as an experiment.

I stamped the flowers and leaves (all from Papertrey Ink) with different colors onto some kraft cardstock.  Just like yesterday's card, it was pretty, but I was in the mood for something different.  So I spritzed the piece with water just to see what would happen, and it softened the edges of all the flowers and leaves.  The colors didn't really run too much because I used Stampin Up inks instead of distress inks.  

Once it dried, I really loved the faded, dreamy quality of the flowers.  I decided to add a little shimmer by spraying the piece with Green Patina Perfect Pearls Mist.  Oooooohhhhhh!  I just love how that turned out!

I found a sentiment (also from Papertrey Ink) that seemed perfect to go with the dreamy background, and I added that to the side of the flowers.  This is one of those cards that I really want to send to my friend, and yet, I can't bear to part with it!  LOL  I guess I'm just going to have to make about 25 of these so I can keep one for myself.  :-)

Stamps - Bloomers, Daydreamer from Papertrey Ink
Ink - all from Stampin Up - Cherry Cobbler, Melon Mambo, Olive, Garden Green, Pretty in Pink, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Jet Black Archival (Ranger)
Cardstock - kraft and Cherry Cobbler
Other: rectangle dies, Green Patina Perfect Pearls Mist




No comments: