Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Watercolor Ombre Love (CAS364)



Hi folks!  There is a new CAS challenge up over on SCS today, and this one requires a bit more thought to put together.  Lee is challenging us to make a card using things that start with the letters in the word LOVE.  For example, L - lamb, O - oval die cut, V - violet ink, E - embellishment.  Well, I couldn't make it that easy for myself.  LOL!  So I came up with some other ideas for my words:

L - Love stamp from Art Neko
O - ombre technique
V - vanilla embossing powder
E - (heat) embossing and embossing powder

I started by heat embossing the Love stamp with vanilla embossing powder onto some watercolor paper.  I pulled out a brush, got it wet, dipped it into some rose colored ink and watercolored directly over the embossed area.  I concentrated the color at the bottom and let it get lighter as I went up.  That gave me a nice ombre effect.  I let the piece dry for several hours, and then I adhered it to a rose card base.

I know that Valentine's Day is over, but this card could be used for an anniversary, an engagement, or for a just because I love you occasion.  Think about all the other color possibilities you could use for this ombre effect.  It would be fun to have a rainbow of cards like this!


No comments: