Pages

Monday, October 10, 2016

Happy Holly Days!


Hi folks!!  I'm one of the hostesses for the Falliday challenges over on SCS, and my challenge is up today.  Falliday is two weeks of fun holiday challenges and tutorials designed to help you get jump-started on your fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards.  You can find all the challenges over in the forum HERE.

For my challenge - FF16hbrown, I want to see what you create with holly leaves and berries.  I pulled out this holly background stamp from Impression Obsession and embossed it with Forest Green embossing powder.  I colored the berries with Hot Cinnamon Twinkling H2O's paint, and then I covered the berries with Glossy Accents.  This helps seal the paint so it won't run when it is sprayed with water or shimmer spray.  I sprayed Old Lace Glimmer Mist all over the piece for a subtle gold shimmer.  While that was drying, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder.  

Head over to the Falliday forum and play along in the challenges with us.  Be sure to use this keyword - FF16hbrown - when you upload your card for my challenge.  :-)  Happy Holly Days!




1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Oh, I love this! So festive, makes me think I'd love a set of table place mats like that. Hoping to play along with this challenge as I'm so in need of Christmas cards, but life has hit a crazy patch just now so we shall see - and hope. Love the richness of the gold sentiment on black.