Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

CAS403 Pinecone Tidings


Hi folks!  This week's CAS403 challenge, Ho Ho Ho, is to put three of something on your card.  As you can see, I put three pinecones on my card.  :-)  But I can see you're wondering about the background.  That was the fun part of creating this card.

I went to a stamping retreat a couple weekends ago, and we played with a new product called Infusions.  They are watercolor powders with some ground walnut shells added in there, and those walnut shells give the colors a wonderful earthy hue.  Well, of course, I was smitten, and I rushed home from the retreat and bought all 12 colors as soon as I found them at Frantic Stamper.

On this card, I sprinkled some Jade and Sage Infusions powders onto some Fabriano hot press watercolor paper.  I misted the powders with water until the colors just started to bleed and then I set it aside to dry.  Once it was completely dry, I ran it through a Pine Bough embossing folder.  I added the die cut pine cones and stamped the sentiment at the bottom.  It needed just one more accent, so I tied a tiny little bow from linen thread and added it to the double pinecone.

Come on and play in the CAS403 challenge over on SCS this week!  Just keep your card clean and simple, and put three of something on there.  

Stamps: Christmas Pines (Stampin Up)
Ink: Suede (Stampin Up)
CS: Suede (Stampin Up), Fabriano Studio hot press watercolor paper
Other: Christmas Pines dies (Stampin Up), linen thread, Pine Bough embossing folder (Stampin Up), Sage and Jade Infusions watercolor powders (I bought mine from Frantic Stamper)



1 comment:

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, Holly in nice soft tones.
Great background.