Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Roses on Stone


I'm back with another Frantic Stamper card today.  Have you seen their February 2017 release of stamps and dies?  They are gorgeous, and I used their Wild Rose Corner dies (10113) on my card today.  

I started by sponging some soft gray ink through a Stone Wall stencil (MFT) directly onto my white card.  I kept the gray ink very light so that my roses and my sentiment would show up.  After determining where I wanted my roses, I moved them out of the way and stamped the sentiment (Concord and 9th's Hello Lovely stamp set) with black ink.

The Wild Rose Corner dies were cut from white cardstock, and then I painted them with Mission Gold watercolor paint.  I let the first layer dry completely and then I went back over it with more paint.  The glitter in the centers of the pink flowers is from some White Blizzard Glitter Drops (Nuvo).  I shaped the flowers with my fingers and then adhered them over the base flowers with some foam tape.  This gives a wonderful dimension and texture to the card.  The finishing touch on this CAS card was to wrap some Pink Sorbet baker's twine around the top.  I tied it off with a bow and trimmed the ends off.

Go check out the latest release at Frantic Stamper.  There are more flowers and a pleated dress and even a sewing machine die there!  Have fun!


No comments: