Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Cherry Blossom Woman in Oil Pastels




Hi everyone! I'm back to share this card I made using this sweet Asian woman under a cherry blossom tree from Art Neko. This image is watercolored with water soluble oil pastels. That sounds like a strange contradiction, doesn't it?

This woman under the cherry blossom tree collage is from the A411 Asian Influence Sumi-e Paintings stamp sheet at Art Neko. I stamped this with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto white cardstock and let it dry completely. Then I scribbled a little bit of color from the oil pastels onto some of the larger areas and used a wet paintbrush to move the color around. For the smaller areas like the little ball, I touched the wet paintbrush to the end of the oil pastel stick and picked up some color from there. This was a fun experiment to see what it was like to watercolor with oil pastels.

The background is something I made while I was at a retreat last month. I was introduced to oil pastels while making this, and I fell in love. We dabbed some white gesso through a stencil onto some watercolor paper and let it dry. Then we scribbled the oil pastels all over the piece and used baby wipes to blend the colors together. Isn't that a fabulous background? Now you see why I fell in love!

I hope you've enjoyed my oil pastels experiment today. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Hetty said...

What a stunning card, Holly!