Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fluttering By to say Hi!


Hi crafty friends!  My second guest designer post is up on the Cheery Lynn Designs blog today.  I've done something a little different with this card. It looks clean and simple, right? Take another look at the red doily underneath the butterfly. Do you see what I did? :-)

The Cheery Lynn Designs dies that I've used on this card are:

French Pastry Doily
Small Exotic Butterflies #2 with Angel Wings

I used the whole French Pastry Doily even thought it looks like I only have half of it on here. I made one cut from the outside edge to the center of the doily. Then I put my doily on my trusty little Scor-Buddy and scored from the scallops in towards the center. The doily was then accordian-folded into this little half-rosette that you see here.

This was my first time trying this idea with a doily, and I was thrilled to see that it worked. Now if I want a full sized rosette, I can do this with two of the doily die cuts and glue them together. Wouldn't that be fun?? I hope you enjoyed this card today. I've got two more weeks as a guest designer for Cheery Lynn Designs so please come on back to see what else I've created with their wonderful dies!  :-)



1 comment:

Fern said...

Love this one... So pretty!!