Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Wonder


Howdy!  I'm sharing a clean and simple (CAS) Christmas card with you today. This card came together in less than 15 minutes, and that includes the gold embossing on the ornament. :-)

I started my card by pulling out a solid red paper from the new Traditions 6x6 paper pad (Authentique) and the Vintage (gold) embossing powder. I inked up the medium round ornament stamp from the Vintage Christmas Ornaments set (JustRite) with Versamark ink and stamped it onto the red paper. I covered the image with Vintage embossing powder and used my heat gun to melt the powder.

Next, I pulled out the 2013 Heirloom Ornament dies (Spellbinders) and found the size that matched my stamped ornament. I die cut the ornament and then I did a little trick. I wanted the little hanging loop at the top of ornament, but the die cuts just slightly larger than the stamped image. I didn't want a red border around my gold ornament, so I used my scissors to cut away that tiny border, but I left the hanging loop at the top.

I assembled my card by making an A2-sized card base from deep green cardstock. I cut a piece of the floral patterned paper from the Traditions paper pad (Authentique) as well as the solid off-white paper from the same pad. I stamped the gorgeous new sentiment from the Christmas Inner Thoughts set (JustRite) on the lower end of the off-white paper and then adhered my papers to my deep green card base.

I cut a tiny strip from the deep green cardstock, but I didn't adhere that yet. First, I threaded some gold cord through the loop in my gold ornament and taped it to the back of the ornament. I affixed the ornament to the green strip with some Joy foam pads, and then I wrapped the gold cord around the top of the green strip and taped it to the back. Then I glued the green strip down to my card base next to the sentiment. Lastly, I fashioned a bow from gold cord and affixed it to my ornament.

I love everything about this card. The country-ish colors, the gorgeous sentiment, the gold ornament, and the beautiful patterned paper all work together to make a vintage country Christmas card.  Please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such. I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #109 - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey - It's Christmas Time
Creative Knockouts #14 - Christmas Splendor
Bearly Mine #115 - Christmas Sentiments
Created with Love #69 - Christmas
C is for Challenge #11 - Ornaments


7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I just love everything about it. The gold accents are amazing! Thanks for sharing at Creative Knockouts.

Unknown said...

Sometimes the CAS cards take first prize. Using gold on the red paper was brilliant. Thank you for entering this wonderful work of art with us
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

The Little Stamper said...

Love your sweet CAS card and the perfect sentiment for it too.

Thanks for sharing at BM this week.

Sharon x

caroline said...

great card, love the backing paper used and sentiment, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges
caroline dt

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, and you did an amazing job on it. It's so refreshing to see cards made so beautifully while maintaining that element of class and style (something missing on some blogs these days). I love seeing your sweet creations and really appreciate you sharing with us. I always look forward to seeing your beautiful art, and thanks again for linking up with us.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Crafting Vicky said...

wow so fun when a card is made so fast and it's so elegant.

Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Unknown said...

This is such an elegant card and everything goes so perfectly together here. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx