Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Poinsettia Window


Hi friends!!  Are you ready for Christmas?  Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away??  I better get busy baking cookies and treats for my friends and family!  :-)

For my card today, I started by embossing some white cardstock with the Bricks and Bark embossing folder. Next, I cut out the Grand Gothic Window as well as the Grand Gothic Stained Glass Window from white cardstock. I glued the Stained Glass Window die cut to the inside of the Grand Gothic Window. Then I took the inside piece that was cut out from the Grand Gothic Window - the piece you would probably throw away - and I glued that to the back of the entire window. That way you won't see the embossed brickwork through the window when you glue it down on the card.

So I glued my 3-piece window to the brick background and then I worked on the pops of color. I cut out the Small Blooming Poinsettia from red cardstock and then I cut it out again from olive cardstock so I could have some green leaves in the very back of the poinsettia. First, I covered the tiny little stamen piece with some Champagne Stickles and set that aside to dry. Then I glued the layers of the red petals together and then glued those on top of the green petals. Then I set my poinsettia aside to dry completely while I cut out the greenery.

I pulled out the Wreath Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and cut out four of the sprigs from olive cardstock. I glued these down at the bottom of the white window, two on each side. Then I adhered my poinsettia in the center of the foliage. After making sure the Stickles was completely dry, I glued the glittery stamens to the center of the poinsettia. Lastly, I used my fingers to fluff up the poinsettia leaves for that little dimensional pizzazz. :-)

This Small Blooming Poinsettia is the perfect size for projects like this. It works great with all the fantastic window dies in the Classy Cards 'n Such store and it is equally wonderful by itself.  You can save 10% off your orders at Classy Cards 'n Such by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out.  Merry Christmas!!  Have fun shopping!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Victorine Originals #74 - Red and Green with embossing
Creative Card Crew #51 - Holly or Poinsettia
Papertake Weekly - Last Christmas Card of the Year
Cards Galore - Christmas

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely card thank you so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew with our Holy & poinsettia challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

Lisa said...

I love this clean design Holly! The embossing is very pretty. Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly and Merry Christmas!