Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

CAS379 Daisy Smile


This week's CAS challenge (CAS379) is to use one or more flowers on your card or project.  I pulled out a new Altenew stamp set and played around with coloring these daisies.  I wanted the daisies to be white, so I just added some shadowing with some gray Copic markers.  The centers are colored with two yellow Copic markers in a random, dot dot dot fashion.

To make the white daisies pop out, I adhered them to a Dapper Denim (a new SU color - love!!!) card.  When I first tried these daisies on a regular A2 card, they just overwhelmed the card.  These daisies are pretty large, and three of these on a normal card is just too much.  Soooo..... I went bigger!!!  LOL

My card base is 8 inches wide by 5 inches tall.  It's a piece of cardstock that is 8" by 10", folded at the 5" mark to make it 8" x 5".  The daisies seem much more at home on this size of card, and I was able to add the "smile" sentiment without covering up all the flowers.  I stamped the sentiment in a red color (Cherry Cobbler) because I wanted to have a red, white, and blue theme for my card for today's Memorial Day holiday.

Come play along with this week's CAS379 challenge.  We'd love to see what May flowers are blooming on your cards!  :-)



1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful cards. Your white flowers just pop on that Dapper Denim. I'm a fan of a couple of the new in colours. I might try some lighter colour cards as I mostly do bright.